How do I stop medicaid and switch to insurance?

by Theresa


I just got married and i was on medicaid and for my unborn child before then. My husband just got a new job with health insurance. How do i stop medicaid to get on his insurance for the baby on the way. What would i need to do?


Since you are married, most health plans include spousal coverage. If so, then your husband just has to contact his employer's personnel dept and get the paperwork to have you added to his plan coverage. Once that's complete, you can tell your caseworker you no longer need the Medicaid coverage.

That should work.

If you have Medicaid questions, Gabriel Heiser has a great book you can find on his website --

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Medicaid Questions.

Subscribe to
Estate Planning Hub

Your First Name

Your E-mail Address

We keep this private.

Follow the Estate Planning Blog.

--by Beth Heikkinen
Marquette, Michigan
I just want to thank you for this site. It answered my questions. I think many people that do research on the net take it for granted and when they find what they are looking for they forget "someone put time, money, etc into providing me with this information."

Thank you!

Like This Site

Visit Our Social Media Pages

Become a Fan of Estate Planning Hub on Facebook Follow EstatePlanningHub on Twitter Follow EstatePlanningHub on Google+ Subscribe EstatePlanningHub Video on YouTube

Get a PDF version of this website and its sister site here.